- You are here:
- Better Support for Voluntary Organisations
Support for Voluntary and Community Groups
At the heart of CAVS is the provision of support and promotion for voluntary action in Castle Point. A range of services is on offer to assist groups of all sizes. We are a member of the National Association of Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) and follow their four core standards which underpin this element of our work.
- Development- identify the needs of the local community and facilitate innovation and improvements
- Support - assist voluntary and community organisations to fulfil their missions more effectively
- Collaboration - facilitate effective communication and collaboration amongst local voluntary and community organisations
- Influence - support voluntary and community organisations to influence policies, plans and practices that have an impact on their organisations and beneficiaries
Membership to CAVS is free. We encourage voluntary and community groups to affiliate to us in order to receive the full benefit of the support on offer.
If you are looking for support for an organisation operating in another area of Essex please visit the website www.eacvs.org.uk to find your local support and development agency.
2014 Voluntary Sector Survey
Each year CAVS surveys the local voluntary and community groups providing a service to the local community.