- You are here:
- Better Children’s Centres
Better Children’s Centres
What is a Children’s Centre?
Children’s Centres are service hubs where children under five years old and their families can receive services and information to ensure that every child gets the best start in life.
Your children can learn as they play and make new friends, whilst you can get professional advice on health, education, family matters and learn about training and job opportunities. You can also meet other parents, carers, grandparents and childminders in a safe and relaxed environment.
Services vary according to Centre but may include:
- Early education and childcare – all Centres offering Early Years provision have a minimum half-time qualified teacher
- Support for parents – including advice on parenting, local childcare options and access to specialist services for families
- Child and family health services – ranging from health screening, health visitor services to breastfeeding support
- Helping parents into work – with link to the local Jobcentre Plus and training.
Being a parent or carer is not an easy job. We offer practical, personal and emotional support for mothers, fathers and other carers either in your home or at one of our Children’s Centres. Our aim is to support your needs and work in partnership with you and other agencies to identify your family’s needs and concerns and offer support to address these.